NEWS & EVENTS
On the 7th of July, 2018, FosterLink proudly presented Fostercare and the Muslim Community in collaboration with Maple Star and the Islamic Society of Markham. Maple Star initiated the seminar with background information on various aspects of becoming a foster parent....read more
In an interview with a dear member of our FosterLink team, foster parent and biological mother of three, Muna, has opened up on her experience caring for foster children. When asked of what inspired her to be a foster parent, Muna makes a mention of being touched by...read more
We are thrilled to announce that in collaboration with Islamic Society of Markham and Maple Star services, we are delivering our next information seminar and foster care orientation on the 7th of July, 2018. This event will address foster care and the eligibility...read more
WHAT WE DO?
Services & Activities Include
Build positive relationships and connect with children and family service agencies including the Children’s Aid Society, private fostering agencies, different levels of government, and other Muslim organizations
HELP MERCY MISSION DELIVER FOSTERING SERVICES
Help Mercy Mission Support Foster Caregivers
BEING A FOSTER CAREGIVER OR VOLUNTEER
There are several ways you can help foster children:
- Becoming a dedicated foster caregiver by providing a caring home for a vulnerable child
- Giving some time to be a relief caregiver by giving a full-time caregiver a break by taking in children for a weekend every few month.
- Mentoring a foster child or teenager by helping them with their homework, taking them to the mosque or teaching them Quran.
- Organizing a community barbeque and invite foster children and their caregivers
- Be a volunteer driver to take children to appointments or pick up groceries