NEWS & EVENTS
Please support FosterLink with a generous financial donation in this blessed month of Ramadan. Please donate at www.launchgood.com/fosterlink. Foster caregiving is in a state of crisis around the world as well as in Canada. The number of families providing foster care...read more
FosterLink had a great year of outreach and learning last year with your help. Some of our accomplishments included: January, 2018 – Launch Website (https://fosterlink.ca) February, 2018 - Produced FosterLink film March, 2018 – Launch FosterLink in the community at...read more
In this video, Shahzad Mustafa, Executive Director of Mercy Mission Canada is interviewed by Aisha Khaja of Let the Quran Speak on foster caregiving in the Muslim community.read more
WHAT WE DO?
Services & Activities Include
Build positive relationships and connect with children and family service agencies including the Children’s Aid Society, private fostering agencies, different levels of government, and other Muslim organizations
HELP MERCY MISSION DELIVER FOSTERING SERVICES
Help Mercy Mission Support Foster Caregivers
BEING A FOSTER CAREGIVER OR VOLUNTEER
There are several ways you can help foster children:
- Becoming a dedicated foster caregiver by providing a caring home for a vulnerable child
- Giving some time to be a relief caregiver by giving a full-time caregiver a break by taking in children for a weekend every few month.
- Mentoring a foster child or teenager by helping them with their homework, taking them to the mosque or teaching them Quran.
- Organizing a community barbeque and invite foster children and their caregivers
- Be a volunteer driver to take children to appointments or pick up groceries